Terms and Conditions
SERIOUS STUFF – TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following are the Conditions of Hire between the Hirer and Canine Campers (the Company).
The motorhome and its equipment remains the property of Canine Campers at all times.
The Hirer undertakes to keep the vehicle securely locked at all times when unattended and to refrain from any action or omission which may prejudice Canine Campers rights to the vehicle.
- Shall not allow the vehicle to be driven by anyone other than those authorised by Canine Campers
- Shall not lend or hire the vehicle to a third party
- Shall not create a lien on the vehicle for repairs or any other reason.
- Shall not tow any trailer or vehicle with the vehicle
- Shall not carry more passengers than the permitted capacity of the vehicle or allow the vehicle to exceed the permitted Gross Vehicle Weight
- Shall not use the vehicle for carriage of goods for hire or reward
- Shall not move the vehicle without our written consent out of the UK mainland
- Shall not use the vehicle for or in conjunction with any race, competition, trial or for hire or reward or on non-metalled roads
- Shall not permit smoking in the motorhome
- Shall not permit more than 3 dogs during hire unless previously agreed with us
No one other than the drivers named in the Motor Rental Agreement may drive the hired vehicle. All named drivers must be over 21 and under 75 years of age and have held a valid UK licence, other National Licence or an International Driving Licence for at least two years. All licences must be free of endorsements except for parking and minor speeding offences and must be produced for inspection upon commencement of hire. In the case of UK photo-card licences, you must produce both the card and the counterpart licence. Drivers with any history of endorsements within the last nine years, history of accidents, physical/mental defects, refused motor insurance record and motor convictions may have to pay an insurance surcharge. Non-UK licence holders may have to pay an insurance surcharge. Personal photo identification such as a valid passport and 2 forms of confirmation of address in the form of a recent utility bill and a bank/building society statement must be produced by the Hirer and main driver for inspection upon commencement of hire and we shall take and keep copies of these for our security and our records.
- Shall be between 21-75 years of age.
- Shall have held a valid full licence for at least two years with no history of disqualification or accidents or have been refused insurance.
- Shall provide 4 forms of identity: a valid driving licence both sections, a valid passport, a utility bill and bank statement dated within the last 3 months from hire date, addresses to match on each document
The Vehicle Rental Agreement is subject to and is deemed to include the terms, conditions, and limitations of the Company’s insurance policy, a copy of which may be inspected at the Company’s office. Any vehicle hired under this agreement may only be driven by the Hirer who has been accepted by the Company and our insurance Company. Even though it may be covered by the Company’s insurance the Hirer shall be liable to pay the cost of repair of any damage which the vehicle may suffer as the result of the willful or negligent action of the Hirer. The Hirer will compensate the Company for any loss which it may suffer as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Hirer or his servant or agent. Excluded from insurance cover is:-
- Windscreen and windows.
- Loss/damage/theft to the radio, stereo equipment, and aerials
- Interior damage including burns to seats, carpets, and other damage.
- Vandalism damage of any kind to the vehicle.
- Personal effects within or from the vehicle.
- All overhead damage resulting from any incident. Overhead damage is defined from ground to in excess 13ft height from the ground. Safe clearance is 13ft overhead.
- Damage: There is a £500 refundable damage deposit payable in advance for any damage or loss for any one incident resulting in damage whilst the vehicle is on hire to you or in your care. If the vehicle is returned in good condition with a clean interior, whole and undamaged and there are no other extra charges the deposit (subject to inspection) will be refunded within 7 working days. Should the condition of the vehicle be otherwise, then repairs, replacements or cleaning costs will be charged against the damage deposit. If the vehicle is damaged even where no other vehicle was involved the full deposit of £500 is payable by the Hirer, plus any costs over and above this amount.
- Front and rear bumpers, over-cab mouldings, roof-lights, windows, wing mirrors and external doors are typical components prone to damage.
The Hirer is totally responsible for the security of the vehicle. The Hirer must ensure that if the vehicle is left unattended at any time that it is securely locked and parked in a safe, well lit location. The Hirer must take every precaution to prevent loss from or theft of the vehicle. Do not leave the vehicle in a vulnerable location or unlocked at any time, You must never leave the vehicle running and unattended, never leave the keys in the vehicle
- Always remember total liability is with the Hirer if you do not adhere to the above.
In the unlikely event of a breakdown or an accident an emergency service is at the disposal of the Hirer. The Hirer is authorised to spend up to £50 on minor component replacement i.e. bulbs, hoses and belts but not authorised to carry out work on faults or repairs. The cost will be refunded on submission of a valid VAT receipt. For faults and repairs in the first instance call Canine Campers who will organise and coordinate assistance. Canine Campers is not responsible for any consequential expenses or additional costs incurred on hiring alternative vehicles, late arrival, missed ferries, accommodation, travel expenses or any third party claims in connection with a breakdown or accident. Calling out breakdown services are very expensive please be aware that you will be charged in circumstances where the incident is the result of your negligence i.e. running out of fuel, wrong fuel, locking keys inside vehicle, losing keys.
Telephone bookings can be made but only held for a period of five days until the Company has a completed booking form and a booking deposit of £200 per hire is paid by cheque, cash or Paypal. The booking deposit is not refundable and shall be deducted from the hire charge. Confirmation of the booking can be sent by email if requested, on collection date you require to bring your ID and proof of address as aforementioned, whereupon we will fill in the Rental Agreement. Please note if you forget to bring any of the documents required you will NOT be able to take collection of the vehicle. Full payment for the booking must be paid 10 days prior to the hire.
- Cancellations must be in writing and are charged as follows:
- The booking deposit is not refundable. The £500 damage deposit which is refunded in full provided no other sums are unpaid by way of deposit or otherwise. The Company reserves the right to cancel the hire if at the commencement of the hire if the driver’s licence(s) are invalid or not in accordance with the conditions set out above. In these circumstances the total hire charge will be forfeited. Canine Campers reserves the right to refuse hire to any person without explanation or prior warning. Hirers are advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- Collection and Return Vehicle hire is available any day strictly by appointment, times to be arranged between Hirer and Canine Campers and must be returned at the time agreed, unless arranged otherwise and confirmed in writing. Failing to comply with these times will result in the Hirer being surcharged at the rate of £50 per hour or any part thereof together with any additional costs incurred by the Company (e.g. compensation to the next Hirer). No refund is given for an early return of the vehicle. The Hirer acknowledges delivery of the vehicle and the contents free from any defect or damage other than as specified by the Company at the commencement of hire. The Hirer is advised to check the vehicle thoroughly before leaving the Company’s premises. The breakdown or malfunction of equipment after the vehicle has left the premises will not be accepted as reason to abort or cancel the Motorhome Rental Agreement, any such fault will be rectified as soon as possible. Upon return the Company’s representative will check the vehicle for damage, cleanliness, fuel, condition of the tyres, windscreen, bumpers, roof-lights, mirrors, doors and internal habitation equipment. Canine Campers will make a charge of £50 for the cleaning of unemptied toilets and £50 for the cleaning of stained upholstery. A £50 charge will be made for a very dirty interior or exterior. Smoking or any other extreme odours is not permitted and a £50 cleaning charge will be payable if this has been ignored. You will collect a clean motorhome and we need to be able to prepare it to the same standard for the next client.
- Fuel, oil and gas: A full tank of fuel is supplied with the vehicle at the commencement of hire and the Hirer is expected to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. Any fuel shortage will be charged to the Hirer. The Hirer will be liable if the incorrect fuel type is used. The Hirer is responsible for the regular checking of oil and water levels and the use of the correct type of fluids. Two 6KG gas cylinders are provided at the time of hire at least one is completely full. The cost of any refills thereafter shall be the responsibility of the Hirer who shall ensure that two bottles of the same size and make as taken out are returned with the vehicle. There will be a charge of £25 for each empty bottle returned with the vehicle.
The Hirer shall be responsible for all costs and offences incurred against the Road Traffic Acts and /or regulations there under, we will charge administration fees for the filling in of forms to pass any offences onto you. The Hirer shall ensure that the driver and all passengers shall when the vehicle is being driven wear the seat belts provided as required by law. The Hirer will be responsible for Canine Campers uninsured losses regarding an insurance claim. Canine Campers accept no liabilities for replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or any other consequential loss claims arising from motorhome breakdown or accident. The motorhome is under the care of the Hirer who is responsible for the security and condition of the motorhome throughout the hire period.
Canine Campers accept no liabilities for replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or any other consequential loss claims arising from motorhome breakdown or accident. The motorhome is under the care of the Hirer who is responsible for the security and condition of the motorhome throughout the hire period.
These Terms and Conditions of contract are governed in all respects by English Law and the Parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. Canine Campers reserves the right to vary rates and conditions at any time.
If you are taking the Motorhome overseas you must inform us of your destinations so we can ensure you have the legal requirements for each country and so we can inform the insurance company
For overseas hire we can supply the latest driver guideline equipment such as hi-viz vests, triangles, breath testers etc
Our European motorhome travel package provides the following;
• Full European insurance and break down cover (£15 per day on top of hire)
• Unlimited mileage
• VE103B Vehicle on hire certificate
(legal requirement you do not have the V5 owner document)
• NF-approved single-use breathalyser.
• GB sticker
• A warning triangle
• High visibility jackets x 6
• Headlamp converters
• Fire extinguisher and a first aid kit
• Spare car bulbs and fuses
A deposit will be required and is fully refundable as long as there is no damage incurred to the front cab, interior, including all equipment, fixtures and fittings ie: curtains, cushioning or any of the exterior or it fixtures and fittings, this includes bicycle rack,windows, window handles, roof vents etc.
You are responsible for your pets at all times, pets are not covered within our insurance or public liability, for pets travelling abroad we will need to see their pet passports and take a copy, we suggest you insure your pets for the duration of the hire and check that damage caused by pets incurred to the vehicle is included or you will be liable for this. Please note the attaching of any ropes/dog leads to any part of the structure of the Motorhome is strictly forbidden, we have provided 3 dog lead spikes for you to tether your pets.
Your personal effects are not our responsibility; you may wish to insure separately also you may wish to take out holiday insurance as you would with any other holiday.